DATE(S): June 2, 2017 – June 4, 2017
Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification
June 2 ~ 5:00 – 8:30 pm
June 3 and 4 ~ 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
$250 or $225 early bird if purchased by May 19
Two half scholarships ($125 off tuition) will be offered for this training. To be considered for a scholarship, pplicants must submit an essay as to how they plan to utilize the training in their communities! Essays due May 17th, recipients announced May 19th.
Deepen your knowledge and skills through studying the field of prenatal yoga with one of the only Yoga Alliance registered prenatal yoga teachers (RPYT) in the region. Discover the joy of guiding and empowering women though the incredible experience of pregnancy, childbirth, and beyond. This curriculum is designed to prepare yoga instructors to specialize in offering prenatal yoga and learn to modify their regular classes to accommodate the pregnant mama.
Studies will include exploration of the anatomy and physiology of each trimester and modifications to ensure an individualized and experience for each mama, including postnatal students.
• Appropriate yoga postures and modifications for each trimester
• Anatomy of pregnancy
• Study of the pelvis and pelvic floor structure
• Pranayama techniques
• Common complaints and discomforts of pregnancy
• Discussion of the medical model of prenatal care vs the midwife model
• Postpartum recovery
• Sequencing for Prenatal Yoga
• Ayurvedic theory and energetics regarding monthly cycles, infertility, and pregnancyClick to see hotels in the area »